Monday, July 22, 2013

#MorningAfter (July 22, 2013) / BookTube-A-Thon Wrap-Up

Hi Guys,
Today I'm going to be doing my fourth #MorningAfter post and I'm also going to be recapping you on what I read this past week during the BookTube-A-Thon. You can check out my last #FridayReads post for more info on the BookTube-A-Thon. Since my last post, I've finished 5 and 1/4 books, those books being: Night World 3 by L.J. Smith, Winger by Andrew Smith, Insurgent by Veronica Roth, Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, and The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken (which is the book I'm 1/4 of the way through).

Overall I read a shocking amount of books, at first I was a little disappointed that I didn't complete the 300 pages a day challenge, but as I looked back, I realized I read quite a bit more than I normally do. I read in a little over a week more than what I usually read in a month. The only challenges I completed were: Read a book over 500 pages (Insurgent), read a book that's been on your shelf for forever (Insurgent), and listen to an audiobook (Anna Dressed in Blood). From July 15th to July 21st I read 1388 pages, which isn't 2100, but I don't think it's bad at all. I'm so excited for the Read-A-Thons to come, and I'm definitely going to participate in as many as possible.

The Friday night before the BookTube-A-Thon, I finished reading Night World 3 by L.J. Smith. The next day I decided to pick up Winger by Andrew Smith, and I read all day, and had 100 pages left. I picked Winger back up at the start of the BookTube-A-Thon and read the last 100 pages. I then started Insurgent, and after 2 days reading it, I finished and immediately picked up The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken, and while doing my everyday routine, I listened to Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake throughout the entire week. I decided to put down The Darkest Minds because I wasn't getting through it as quickly as I wanted to, so I picked up The Fault in Our Stars by John Green and read it over the next couple days until Saturday night when I finished it. Then I picked up The Darkest Minds again late Sunday night after a serious game of Wiffle-Ball, and only got to page 134 before the BookTube-A-Thon ended.

I am planning on doing a review of each of these books soon, but until then, I'll give you a brief look at my thoughts on each novel:

Night World 3
Really good, didn't like the second story as much as the others, but the last book gave me so many feels.
4/5 Stars

Winger
I really enjoyed this novel, it was funny and touching. I felt it was a little too vulgar at times, but the characters were teenaged boys living in O'Hall... It reminded me a lot of Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews. This book definitely made me tear up a bit.
4/5 Stars

Insurgent
I really enjoyed this book as well, it was an amazing sequel. It wasn't as AWESOME as Divergent, in my opinion, but I really did like where the story went. I also really love the political turn it took in the story, I can't wait for Allegiant.
4/5 Stars

Anna Dressed in Blood
I liked this novel, it reminded me of the TV show Supernatural, and I liked the overall story-line of the book. I didn't love it as much as most people did, I think it might've been because I listened to the audiobook, maybe if I re-read it I will like it more.
3/5 Stars

The Fault in Our Stars
This was such an amazing novel, immediately after finishing, I thought it was a 4 star book, but I couldn't get it out of my head at all, and I kept remembering scenes from the novel, and immediately knew that it deserved a higher rating. I loved the characters, they were so real, and I might've teared up some.
5/5 Stars

The Darkest Minds
I'm really liking this book so far, it's really fast-paced, which I don't get because it takes me an hour to read 30 pages... I have no idea why. I love the concept and the characters, and I know it's only going to get better from here.

Well that's everything I hope you enjoyed the post, and thanks again to Ariel and Raeleen for hosting such an awesome event. I hope to review these books soon, so stay posted on the blog. Don't forget to tell me what you finished over the weekend or over the BookTube-A-Thon in the comments or on social media sites.




No comments:

Post a Comment