Tuesday, July 2, 2013

June Wrap-Up/July TBR (2013)

Hi Guys,
Today I'm going to be trying something that I've never done, and I've seen tons of people do it throughout the book community. I'm going to show you guys my June Wrap-Up/July TBR. I'm going to try to do a post like this every month, just to let you guys know the books I'll be reviewing in the upcoming weeks. Without further ado, here are the novels/novellas I read in June:



The first book I read in June was The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey. This is an alien-takeover novel, and it's the first book I've read with that theme. I really enjoyed it, and my review is coming later this week. I give this book 5/5 stars.

The second book I read in June was Extremities: Stories of Death, Murder, and Revenge by David Lubar. This book contains 13 short stories about death, murder, and revenge. I've already reviewed this book on the blog, so you can check that out here. I give this book 4/5 stars, check it out when it's released on July 23, 2013.

The third book I read in June was Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon. This is a paranormal romance novel that is set in Ireland... sounds good right? Um... I'll let you be the judge of that. I also reviewed this book earlier this month on the blog, you can check it out here. I give this book 2/5 stars.

The fourth book I read in June was Legend by Marie Lu. This is a dystopian novel that is written in dual perspectives. I really liked this novel, and my review is coming soon, so keep your eyes peeled on the blog, because it will be up either this week or the next. I give this book 5/5 stars.

The fifth thing I read in June was a novella by Jen Minkman entitled The Island. This is a short dystopian novella with a ton of references to Star-Wars. You can check out what I thought of it here. I give this novella 2/5 stars.

The sixth and final book I read in June was False Memory by Dan Krokos. This is a sci-fi novel with tons of actions, clones, and plot-twists... oh, and quite a bit of things that I disliked immensely. My review of this novel is coming soon too. I give this book 3/5 stars.

Now onto the books I plan on reading in July:


The first book I plan to finish in July is Insurgent by Veronica Roth. This is the second book in the Divergent trilogy, and it's about a dystopian world that consists of 5 factions each representing a certain attribute: Erudite (The Intelligent), Dauntless (The Brave), Abnegation (The Selfless), Candor (The Honest), and Amity (The Peaceful). You can check out my review of Divergent, the first book in the series, here.

The second book I plan to finish in July is Night World Omnibus 3: Huntress, Black Dawn, and Witchlight by L.J. Smith. This is the seventh, eight, and ninth book in the ten book series. I have read but have yet to review the first two omnibuses because I was wanting to finish the series before reviewing it.

The third book I plan to finish in July is Winger by Andrew Smith. This is a contemporary stand-alone novel about a fourteen year old boy who is a Junior in high-school, and his experiences with girls, friends, private school, and rugby.

The fourth book I plan to finish is The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken. This is the first book in The Darkest Minds series, which is about a dystopian world where teenagers have certain superhuman abilities, and are put in containment camps. 

The fifth book I plan to finish in July is Inferno by Sherrilyn Kenyon. This is the fourth book in the Chronicles of Nick, which is about a somewhat ordinary boy who is the son of a demon, and he decides to destroy the things that go bump in the night, along with his friends. There are tons of other paranormal elements like Greek gods, time-traveling, zombies, vampires, etc. You can check out my review of the first book int he series, Infinity, here.

The sixth and final book I plan to finish in July is The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness. this is the first book in the Chaos Walking Trilogy, about a future where everyone can here other peoples' thoughts, and where it takes this young boy and his dog. I've heard amazing things about this novel, and I can't wait to read it. THANKS BOOK JAR!

These are the books I plan to finish in July, and I hope I complete all of them. They are all very large books, the largest being 732 pages (Night World), and the shortest being 448 pages (Winger). Nonetheless, I'm excited to read each one of these novels. Leave a comment and let me know what you read in June, or what you plan on reading in July. If you've read one these novels, feel free to leave a comment letting me know what you thought of it. I'll see you guys tomorrow with a book review of The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey.

No comments:

Post a Comment