Thursday, July 11, 2013

July (2013) Book Haul

Hi Guys,
Today I'm going to do my July (2013) Book Haul. I don't have as many books as I normally do, I've been trying to hold off on buying books. I'm surprisingly doing really well, considering that I only bought one book this month. The other three were free for my Amazon Kindle. Let's jump right into the books I bought.


Winger by Andrew Smith
Ryan Dean West is a fourteen-year-old junior at a boarding school for rich kids. He’s living in Opportunity Hall, the dorm for troublemakers, and rooming with the biggest bully on the rugby team. And he’s madly in love with his best friend Annie, who thinks of him as a little boy.
With the help of his sense of humor, rugby buddies, and his penchant for doodling comics, Ryan Dean manages to survive life’s complications and even find some happiness along the way. But when the unthinkable happens, he has to figure out how to hold on to what’s important, even when it feels like everything has fallen apart.
Filled with hand-drawn info-graphics and illustrations and told in a pitch-perfect voice, this realistic depiction of a teen’s experience strikes an exceptional balance of hilarious and heartbreaking.

Night Creatures Trilogy by

Into a world of wild secrets and deadly pleasures comes a girl whose innocence may be her greatest strength.
In Ixion music and party are our only beliefs. Darkness is our comfort. We have few rules but they are absolute . . .
Retra doesn’t want to go to Ixion, the island of ever-night, ever-youth and never-sleep. Retra is a Seal – sealed minds, sealed community. She doesn’t crave parties and pleasure, experience and freedom.
But her brother Joel left for Ixion two years ago, and Retra is determined to find him. Braving the intense pain of her obedience strip to escape the only home she’s ever known, Retra stows away on the barge that will take her to her brother.
When she can’t find Joel, Retra finds herself drawn deeper into the intoxicating world of Ixion. Come to me, whispers a voice in her head. Who are the Ripers, the mysterious guardians of Ixion? What are the Night Creatures Retra can see in the shadows? And what happens to those who grow too old for Ixion?
Retra will find that Ixion has its pleasures, but its secrets are deadly. Will friendship, and the creation of an eternal bond with a Riper, be enough to save her from the darkness?
Listen well, baby bats. Burn bright, but do not stray from the paths. Remember, when you live in a place of darkness you also live with creatures of the dark.
Angel Arias (2)
Shine Light (3) 

I bought the actual book of Winger. I've been looking for something to read like Me and Earl and the Dying Girl ever since I finished it, and I'm hoping this will book will be just as good, if not better.

I bought the Night Creatures trilogy on my Kindle, the entire trilogy was available for free. I've had this trilogy on my TBR shelf on Goodreads for quite a while, and I'm glad I can finally read them, and for a good deal as well.

Let me know what books you guys got so far this month in the comments. Also, don't forget to check out the blog tomorrow for my #FridayReads post. I'll see-ya then!

No comments:

Post a Comment