Friday, June 14, 2013

#FridayReads (June 14, 2013)















Hi Guys,
Today I've decided to make a blog post about something that's been going on for a while now. I've decided to take part in #FridayReads, where I tell you guys the books I'm planning on reading over the weekend. #FridayReads was created by @thebookmaven, and has grown immensely since that first tweet. All it requires of you is to tweet "#FridayReads" and the books you are planning on reading over the weekend. This twitter sensation has since been brought to the BookTube community by Bunny Cates, and I've also seen several blog posts about them, so I've decided to join the party. The books seen above are the books I'm planning on reading over the weekend. So, I'll jump right into them.

Legend
By: Marie Lu
What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic’s wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic’s highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country’s most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem.
From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths—until the day June’s brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family’s survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias’s death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets.

I've started this book recently, and I'm loving it. I'm about half-way into it, and I now understand why it's so hyped up. I'm very confident that I'll finish this novel over the weekend.

The Island
By: Jen Minkman
 ‘I walk toward the sea. The endless surface of the water extends to the horizon, whichever way I look.
Our world is small. We are on our own, and we only have ourselves to depend on. We rely on the Force deep within us, as taught to us by our forefathers.
If I were to walk westward from here, I would come across a barrier – the Wall. Behind it, there are Fools. At least, that’s what everyone says.
I have never seen one.’

Leia lives on the Island, a world in which children leave their parents to take care of themselves when they are ten years old. Across this Island runs a wall that no one has ever crossed. The Fools living behind it are not amenable to reason – they believe in illusions. That’s what The Book says, the only thing left to the Eastern Islanders by their ancestors.
But when a strange man washes ashore and Leia meets a Fool face to face, her life will never be the same. Is what she and her friends believe about the Island really true?
Or is everyone in their world, in fact, a Fool?

This is a novella that I received from NetGalley, and it's only 105 pages, so it shouldn't take me long. It sounds amazing, in my opinion, and I can't wait to read it. I'm very confident that I'll finish this novella over the weekend, and most likely in one sitting. 

False Memory
By: Dan Krokos 
 Miranda wakes up alone on a park bench with no memory. In her panic, she releases a mysterious energy that incites pure terror in everyone around her. Except Peter, a boy who isn’t at all surprised by Miranda’s shocking ability.
Left with no choice but to trust this stranger, Miranda discovers she was trained to be a weapon and is part of an elite force of genetically-altered teens who possess flawless combat skills and powers strong enough to destroy a city. But adjusting to her old life isn’t easy—especially with Noah, the boyfriend she can’t remember loving.
Then Miranda uncovers a dark truth that sets her team on the run. Suddenly her past doesn’t seem to matter... when there may not be a future.

This novel sounds really good, and I've decided to read it because I received a galley of the second book in the trilogy, False Sight. I'm excited to read it, it sounds really good. I think I'll get pretty far in this novel over the weekend, but I'm not sure that I'll finish it.

Well, this it what I'm planning on reading this weekend. I loved making this post, it gives you guys a sneak peek on what reviews are to come. Let me know what you guys thought of the post in the comments, and I'll post again next week with another book review, or two, a book haul/in my mailbox, and, if you guys liked it, another #FridayReads.


No comments:

Post a Comment