Wednesday, April 25, 2012

April (2012) Book Haul

Hi Guys,
Today I received a package in the mail, which was a huge surprise to me. The only book I was expecting in the mail was Insurgent, which doesn't release until next week. So, like I said before, I was caught off guard. When I opened the package, I saw the pure white cover, with a hummingbird in a jar in the center of the book. I HAVE AN ARC OF SURRENDER BY ELANA JOHNSON! I was so excited when I saw it, and then I was wondering how I received it. In the middle of the book was a business card from Simon and Schuster, but there was not any info about why they sent it to me. I then went online, and I sent a message to the e-mail left on the business card. The woman e-mailed me back almost instantly. Apparently, I won a copy on her blog after leaving a comment on one of her posts. I'd forgotten all about it, and was not expecting to win... BUT I'M GLAD I DID! I haven't read Possession yet, but I believe this will motivate me to do so. I've wanted to read it since I saw the amazing cover, and now that I have an ARC of Surrender, I can finally read it. Here is the synopsis from the back of the book (remember it's a sequel, I don't know if it has spoilers, but this is your warning!) :

Forbidden love, intoxicating power, and the terror of control…
Raine has always been a good girl. She lives by the rules in Freedom. After all, they are her father’s rules: He’s the Director. It’s because of him that Raine is willing to use her talent—a power so dangerous, no one else is allowed to know about it. Not even her roommate, Vi.
All of that changes when Raine falls for Gunner. Raine’s got every reason in the world to stay away from Gunn, but she just can’t. Especially when she discovers his connection to Vi’s boyfriend, Zenn. Raine has never known anyone as heavily brainwashed as Vi. Raine’s father expects her to spy on Vi and report back to him. But Raine is beginning to wonder what Vi knows that her father is so anxious to keep hidden, and what might happen if she helps Vi remember it. She’s even starting to suspect Vi’s secrets might involve Freedom’s newest prisoner, the rebel Jag Barque...


I'm very excited for this, and I can't wait to buy Possession, and read both of them. The covers look amazing, and the synopsis' sound even better than the covers look. I hope the book meets my expectations I hope the book exceeds my expectations! 

A special thanks to Elana Johnson, and the group of people working with S&S! I look forward to reading these novels!

No comments:

Post a Comment