Monday, April 25, 2011

Plague Book Review


Hi Guys,
This week I'm doing a book review on Plague by Michael Grant. This is one of my favorite series'. This book series is not for the faint of heart. It is a very graphic, gory, weird, and yet totally AWESOME book series. This is the fourth book in the Gone series, if you haven't read the first couple books, or seen the blog posts about them, then check them out. This book was the most graphic, and also the best book of the series. I will post the book trailer of this book at the bottom of the post. Normally I don't like book trailers, but this one was actually really good and matched what the book was about. But anyway... Here is the summary from the front flap of the book:

It's been eight months since all the adults disappeared. GONE.

They've survived hunger. They've survived lies. But the stakes keep rising, and the dystopian horror keeps building. Yet despite the simmering unrest left behind by so many battles, power struggles, and angry divides, there is a momentary calm in Perdido Beach.

But enemies in the FAYZ don't just fade away, and in the quiet, deadly things are stirring, mutating, and finding their way free. The Darkness has found its way into the mind of its Nemesis at last and is controlling it through a haze of delirium and confusion. A highly contagious, fatal illness spreads at an alarming rate. Sinister, predatory insects terrorize Perdido Beach. And Sam, Astrid, Diana, and Caine are plagued by a growing doubt that they'll escape - or even survive - life in the FAYZ. With so much turmoil surrounding them, what desperate choices will they make when it comes to saving themselves and those they love?


My first impression of this book was good, I like the reoccurring image of the gone books (the one word titles, and the two people on the front of the book two people on the back of the book thing) This one I was shocked that they had Astrid on the front without Sam, but once I read the book, I saw why this happened. It was because Sam and Astrid were not together in this book, until the last ten to twenty pages. (By "not together", I don't mean not dating, I literally mean... Not... Together) I thought I wouldn't like this, but surprisingly I liked it better that they were apart. Sam did his thing, and Astrid did hers, and there was hardly any drama between them during the whole book. Sam went on a special mission for Albert, (fun fact: my admiration of Albert went rapidly down hill while reading this book)and Astrid was slowly going insane while taking care of little Pete. There was also a terrible sickness that had you literally coughing up your insides. The Darkness' plans have gotten really diabolical. It involves Drake/Britney, Bugs that are nearly indestructible and eat you from the inside out, and Finding Nemesis. (Another Fun Fact: I used to feel sorry for Britney, now I hate her more than I do Drake... I didn't think that was possible) Caine and Diana have a lot of things going on with them. (My normally increasing hate of Caine lightened a bit during this book) Overall this book was the best so far. I give it 5/5 stars because it was really good and had slim to no flaws. Check this book series out it's the best. (Mutants, Talking Animals, Killer Insects, a sickness that has you coughing up your insides... what more could you ask for?) There will be two more gone books after this, Fear and Light, I can't wait for either. Check out the blog next week for a review of Invincible by Sherrilyn Kenyon.

Here is the Book Trailer I promised:

1 comment:

  1. Great blog!. How do I submit a young adult novel for review? I have just published The Battle for Tomorrow: A Fable about a 16 year old girl who gets busted for participating in the blockade and occupation of the US Capitol. I can be contacted via my website at www.stuartbramhall.com

    ReplyDelete