Monday, April 18, 2011

The Vampire Diaries: The Return: Midnight Book Review


Hi Guys,
This weeks book review will be on The Vampire Diaries: The Return: Midnight. This will be the final book review for this series, that is until the next Vampire Diaries book comes out. Yes, I thought this was the last book as well, that is until L.J. Smith announced that she will be starting a continuation of the series with three new books. I myself wish she would just quit. I love her books, but it just seems like this series is ongoing, and I just want it to end. On a better note, I have been reading the Plague book by Michael Grant. Which is really really good, so I am hoping to put up the book review for that, next week, or the week after next. Well getting back on subject, here is the summary from the front flap of the book:

The devil you know . . .

With the help of charming and devious Damon, Elena rescued her vampire love, Stefan, from the depths of the Dark Dimension. But neither brother returned unscathed.
Stefan is weak from his long imprisonment and needs more blood than Elena alone can give him, while a strange magic has turned Damon into a human. Savage and desperate, Damon will do anything to become a vampire again, even travel back to hell. But what will happen when he accidentally takes Bonnie with him?

Stefan and Elena hurry to rescue their innocent friend from the Dark Dimension, leaving Matt and Meredith to save their hometown from the dangerous spirits that have taken hold of Fell's Church. One by one, children are succumbing to demonic designs. But Matt and Meredith soon discover that the source of the evil is darker and closer than they ever could have imagined. . . .


My first impression of this book was great, I loved how it had Bonnie on the front. Bonnie is one of my favorite characters, also one of the only reasons I have continued to read the books. Although I like the cover with Bonnie, I feel like a better candidate for the cover would be Meredith. She had a major role in this book, a lot of her secrets were finally revealed in this book. This book should have been named Secrets or something of that nature due to the fact that so many secrets were revealed in this book. Most were about Meredith but some were about Stefan, Damon, Bonnie, Elena, Matt, and also the town itself. I really liked this book, it kept me on my toes the whole time (except for the last 75 pages or so). With the constant revealing of secrets, this book was put as my third favorite book from this series. The last 75 pages were drawn out, I didn't like how long they spent talking to the council. But other than that, this book was great. I give this book 4/5 stars, because of the last 75 pages. You guys should really check this book out. Come back here next week for another book review, which will hopefully be Plague, but if not that it will be Invincible by Sherrilyn Kenyon.

1 comment:

  1. agreed, the book would have been better if she had trimmed down the end; I felt like the publisher wanted a longer book and the editor just did not do their job in the last third of the book.

    ReplyDelete