Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Vampire Diaries: The Return: Shadow Souls Book Review


Hi Guys,
This weeks book review will be a continuation of The Vampire Diaries Book Review... Saga? ... any way I hope you guys like this one. I'm sorry that this week I will not be degrading a book, this book was better than Nightfall, but not by too much. Here is the summary from the front flap of The Vampire Diaries: The Return: Shadow Souls:

Elena Gilbert's love, the vampire Stefan Salvatore, has been captured and imprisoned by demonic spirits who are wreaking havoc in Fell's Church. While her friends Bonnie and Meredith explore the evil that has taken over their town, Elena goes in search of Stefan.

In order to find him, she entrusts her life to Stefan's brother, Damon Salvatore, the handsome but deadly vampire who wants Elena, body and soul. Along with her childhood friend Matt, they set out for the slums of the Dark Dimension, where Stefan is being held captive. It is rumored to be a world where vampires and demons roam free, but humans must live enslaved to their supernatural masters. . . .

Elena will stop at nothing to free Stefan. Yet with each passing day the tension between Elena and Damon grows, and she is faced with a terrible decision: Which brother does she really want?

Back in Fell's Church, Bonnie and Meredith have made some dire discoveries. They hastily try to follow Elena and warn her—only to be caught up in Elena's most dangerous adventure yet.


My first impression of this book was pretty good. I liked it because, it had Damon on the cover, and showing him on the cover I somehow knew he must play a very large part in this book. I was correct, he does play a very large part, which I didn't like. I never really liked Damon, mostly because he changed his ways for Elena. My friend Brittany, had loved Damon in the first two books, but by Nighfall she felt like the author had turned Damon "fluffy". I believe this, and think it's hilarious. I like Stefan in all the books, I feel like I can relate to him in some ways, and I liked how he loved Elena from the jump. I can't share a lot about this book besides the fact that Damon is in it a lot and Stefan is not. I liked this book enough to give it 3/5 stars, but that is about the MAXIMUM I will give it. I didn't like it that much because over half the book was in the Underworld, where it was Dark, Nasty, and Sorrowful the whole time. I did like the next book in the series though, which is The Vampire Diaries: The Return: Midnight, which I will be reviewing next week, so be sure to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment