Sunday, August 12, 2012

Infamous Book Review

Hi Guys,
I'm sorry I haven't posted a review this past week, but I've been at my marching band's band camp. Ugh! I'm sore, and tired, so I'm writing this review in, some-what of a, daze. This is 1 of the 6 books I have yet to review this summer. I'm going to try to post the other reviews soon, but until then, here is my review of Infamous by Sherrilyn Kenyon. This is the third book in the, action-packed, Chronicles of Nick series, and this book didn't disappoint. I finished this book when it was released, and I'm sorry I'm just now doing the review. Anyway, here is the Goodreads synopsis:

Go to school. Get good grades. Stay out of trouble. That’s the mandate for most kids. But Nick Gautier isn’t the average teenager. He’s a boy with a destiny not even he fully understands. And his first mandate is to stay alive while everyone, even his own father, tries to kill him.
He’s learned to annihilate zombies and raise the dead, divination and clairvoyance, so why is learning to drive and keep a girlfriend so dang hard? But that isn’t the primary skill he has to master. Survival is.
And in order to survive, his next lesson makes all the others pale in comparison. He is on the brink of becoming either the greatest hero mankind has ever known, or he’ll be the one who ends the world. With enemies new and old gathering forces, he will have to call on every part of himself to fight or he’ll lose everyone he cares about. Even himself.


My first impression of this book was good, I'd read and loved the first two books in this series (Infinity and Invincible), so I knew I would love this book as well. This is my favorite cover of the series so far, and I also love how thick each of these books are, and I just fly through each one of them. I can't really say what happened in this book because I don't want to spoil it for anyone. This book was very action-packed, and so many questions were answered, and so many more questions were made. I loved reading about the old characters, and getting to meet new ones. I laughed so many times in this book, and that's one thing I like about this series. I love being able to read a chapter that would seem so serious, but end up laughing because of Nick's sarcastic humor. That's about as much as I can say, without spoiling anything at all. Overall I give this book 4/5 stars. This book was great, but it just wasn't a 5-star to me for some reason. I'm not sure, I just feel more comfortable giving this book a 4. The next book in the series, Inferno, is set to release March 4, 2013. I'm very excited to read it, I look forward to sitting on the edge of my seat, and laughing my butt off, in March. You guys should definitely check this series out, and let me know what you think of this series if you've already read it.

I believe my next book review will be on Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater, but it might be on Wake by Lisa McMann, but most likely Shiver.

No comments:

Post a Comment