Monday, July 9, 2012

Cover Features (1)

Hi Guys,
Today, I'm going to be trying out another type of blog posts. They are called Cover Features, a meme hosted by Emily's Crammed Bookshelf where I will feature books that have the same theme in their covers. I saw this meme on Emily's blog, and I fell in love with it immediately, I often find myself staring at my bookshelves, and finding out what some different book covers have in common. I'm very excited to be doing this, and today's Cover Feature is... Tattoos. There are tons of YA books that have a tattooed up character on the front cover. I like getting books with tattoos, it makes the story all the more interesting to me, and my favorite kind of tattoos on the cover of a book, are Ancient Celtic looking tattoos. They always grab my attention, especially when the tattoo(s) is/are on the face of the character, that pikes my interest in the book.

Here are the books I chose to represent the Tattooed Covers of YA:


1) Wired by Robin Wasserman
2) Specials by Scott Westerfeld
3) Reckless by Cornelia Funke
4) Hidden by P.C. and Kristin Cast
5) Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor
6) Crave by Laura J. Burnes and Melinda Metz
7) City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare

I like all of these covers, the tattoos really bring everything together. My top three covers would have to be Reckless, Hidden, and City of Lost Souls. These three books have Celtic-like tattoos on the characters, and I love them. Specials came as a close fourth to me, I like the arrows going up the spine, that makes everything that much cooler. Wired would also have to be tied with Specials for fourth, I love the way the tattoos look like computer tech stuff, I don't know how else to put it... it just looks futuristic and cool. I love the other covers as well, but these five were the best to me. leave a comment letting me know of any other books that have tattoos on them. I would love to see them, and add them to my TBR pile. I believe the next Cover Features I do will be about... hmm... you know what, I have no idea, so leave a comment and tell me which cover feature you would like to see next. The one that I have the most covers for will obviously be posted as the next cover Feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment