Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Infinity Book Review


Hi Guys,
I'm a little saddened by today, my copy of The Vampire Diaries: The Return: Midnight, was supposed to come in the mail today... (but it didn't) also it is raining where I'm at. :( So instead of moping around reading a book that has me depressed right now, I decided to go ahead and do the book review for this week. This weeks book review is on Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon. You may know Sherrilyn Kenyon from her Adult books, but this is a book for the Young Adults. Here is the summary from the front flap of the book:

At fourteen, Nick Gautier thinks he knows everything about the world around him. Streetwise, tough and savvy, his quick sarcasm is the stuff of legends. . .until the night when his best friends try to kill him. Saved by a mysterious warrior who has more fighting skills than Chuck Norris, Nick is sucked into the realm of the Dark-Hunters: immortal vampire slayers who risk everything to save humanity.
Nick quickly learns that the human world is only a veil for a much larger and more dangerous one: a world where the captain of the football team is a werewolf and the girl he has a crush on goes out at night to stake the undead.
But before he can even learn the rules of this new world, his fellow students are turning into flesh eating zombies. And he’s next on the menu.
As if starting high school isn't hard enough. . .now Nick has to hide his new friends from his mom, his chainsaw from the principal, and keep the zombies and the demon Simi from eating his brains, all without getting grounded or suspended. How in the world is he supposed to do that?

My first impression of this book was that it looked okay. I was astounded by the cover, but it looked interesting enough for me to pick up and read the front flap of it. By reading the front flap, I saw that I was going to fall in love with this book. I was correct, it was a definately good book. It had everything I liked for example: vampires, werewolves, zombies, and demon slayers. I can't really say that much more without spoiling it, but I will tell you the grade I give it. I give it 4/5 stars. It was definately a good book, but just that... a good book. I hope you guys check it out. Also the second book in this series comes out next Tuesday. I hope you guys like it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment