Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Catching Fire Book Review


Hi guys, sorry I haven't been doing the book reviews lately, I've been really busy. I am going to do 3 book reviews this week, to catch up, and make up for lost time in the future. I just got payed today, and I just got finished pre-ordering books from books-a-million. (Vampire Diaries the Return: Midnight, Plague, Invincible, City of Fallen Angels, Defiance, and Night World: Strange Fate) I also plan on going to my local Books-a-million to buy the Firelight book. I've heard good things about it, and so I hope to read it and love it as well. This review will be a follow-up of the Hunger Games trilogy of book reviews. Today it will be Catching Fire, the second book in the trilogy. Here's the summary from the front flap of the book:

Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark won the annual competition described in Hunger Games, but the aftermath leaves these victors with no sense of triumph. Instead, they have become the poster boys for a rebellion that they never planned to lead. That new, unwanted status puts them in the bull's-eye for merciless revenge by The Capitol.

My first impression of this book was that it looked better than the first one, and also it was red (my favorite color at the time) Reading the summary, after reading the first book, I was so exited to start it. I was wondering how it was going to be as good as the first without having another Hunger Games. While reading though, I knew this was going to be better than the first. I was correct, it was a great book. Everything about it had me hooked. i can't tell anymore without spoiling. I give this book 5/5 stars, because it was great and met my expectations and raised them.

No comments:

Post a Comment