Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Fallen Book 1: The Fallen and Leviathan Book Review


Hi Guys,
Today I'm reviewing The Fallen Book 1: The Fallen and Leviathan by Thomas E. Sniegoski. I read this book during the summer of 2011. The reason I haven't posted a review for this sooner, was because I wasn't really impressed with it. The writing, to me, was average, the characters were very one-dimensional, and having so many characters, had me confused on what name matched which character...(if that makes any sense). This is a book about children of fallen angels and mortals(nephilim), the angels that are trying to hunt and kill them, and a special nephilim child, who can redeem the fallen angels. Here is the synopsis from the back of the book:

On his eighteenth birthday, Aaron begins to hear strange voices and is convinced he is going insane. But having moved from foster home to foster home, Aaron doesn't know whom he can trust. He wants to confide in the cute girl from class, but fears she'll confirm he's crazy.
Then a mysterious man begins following Aaron. He knows about Aaron's troubled past and his new powers. And he has a message for Aaron: As the son of a mortal and an angel, Aaron has been chosen to redeem the Fallen.
Aaron tries to dismiss the news and resists his supernatural abilities. But he must accept his newfound heritage — and quickly. For the dark powers are gaining strength, and are hell-bent on destroying him....


My first impression of this book was great, I'd seen the ABC Family movie for it, and I thought it was going to be a great... but unfortunately, the book was almost the complete opposite. The book started out really good, it was very interesting, all the things happening to him had me astounded (even though I knew what it was all leading to I liked reading about it, and I was trapped in the book, so it was like I knew... but I didn't know... O_o? haha). Then it went downhill, and it didn't pick up until the very end. This book was on my debt-list for a very long time, once I got about 150 pages in. I literally had to force myself to finish the book just to get it off my debt-list. I still want to read the next couple books, because I thought the end of the first was picking up at a rapid pace, so I want to see where it goes. But I'm very scared that it might be like the first book (if anyone has read it, please leave a comment and let me know what you thought). I give this book 2/5 stars, because of the reasons I listed at the top of this post. I gave it 2 stars, because it was very good at the beginning and end of this book, you just had to get through the 400 pages or so in the middle. I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone based on just this one novel, but because I haven't read the rest of the series, I don't know if it gets better as it goes along. So if you really like angel stories, I guess you should check it out... but only if you also like books that ramble on and on for no apparent reason, and that don't have very interesting characters, or have too many characters to remember them all. (I really wanted to like this book too...) :(

Reminder
: If you have read the next couple books in this series, please... please leave a comment letting me know what you thought of it, so that I don't have to endure another horrible book like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment