Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Secret Circle: The Captive Part 2 and The Power Book Review


Hey Guys,
This week I'll be reviewing The Secret Circle: The Captive Part 2 and The Power by L.J. Smith. This is an omnibus of the books that were written in the 90's. This is a story about a coven of witches and their adventures. This book contains the second half of the second book and the entire third book. Here is the synopsis from the back of the book:

CAUGHT IN THE STRUGGLE BETWEEN GOOD AND EVIL...
Cassie has joined the most alluring-and deadly-in-crowd imaginable. But power comes with a price, and it's more dangerous than she knows. Torn between the dueling desires of the two leaders of the Secret Circle, she must ultimately choose between saving all of the New Salem, and her own dangerous love for bewitching Adam, which threatens to tear the circle apart. In the ultimate battle between good and evil, will Cassie's supernatural powers be strong enough to lead the coven out of danger? Or will she fall prey to the dark forces within?
...WILL SHE SACRIFICE HER LOVE FOR THE CIRCLE TO SURVIVE?


My first impression of this book was good, because I had already read the first book, and I liked it, so I was very excited for this one and I couldn't wait to see how it ended. This book was very good as well, it didn't disappoint. I liked how the characters developed, and I also liked how the plot played out and ended. I was rooting for Cassie and Adam, but I was disappointed at the way it ended (Spoiler: I mean... how could Dianna just do that... and I bet Adam was happy about Dianna just giving him up(sarcastic). I give this book 4/5 stars because I liked it, I didn't like how it ended abruptly and the exact way it ended, but I think everyone should read it. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment