Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Last Olympian Book Review


Hi Guys,
This week I'm reviewing the Last Olympian by Rick Riordan. I really liked this book, and I was excited about it because it was the last in the Percy Jackson series, and it was going to be epic. It met all my expectations... maybe a little too much. Here is the synopsis from the front flap:

All year the half-bloods have been preparing for battle against the Titans, knowing the odds of a victory are grim. Kronos’s army is stronger than ever, and with every god and half-blood he recruits, the evil Titan’s power only grows.
While the Olympians struggle to contain the rampaging monster Typhon, Kronos begins his advance on New York City, where Mount Olympus stands virtually unguarded. Now it’s up to Percy Jackson and an army of young demigods to stop the Lord of Time.
In this momentous final book in the New York Times best-selling series, the long-awaited prophecy surrounding Percy’s sixteenth birthday unfolds. And as the battle for Western civilization rages on the streets of Manhattan, Percy faces a terrifying suspicion that he may be fighting against his own fate.


I liked this book a lot. There was tons of action, romance, myths, and secrets revealed. I'll start with the romance, the love triangle is decided upon between Percy, Annabeth, and Rachel. (And the end solution made me happy.) There were many more myths added as well, lots of myths about titans, but one goddess you might no have known about before this book was Hestia goddess of the Hearth. There were tons of secrets revealed, but of course I can't tell you without spoiling. For the action, like I said, there were tons of action. I was looking forward to the action of this book, but it disappointed me. Not because there is too little action but because there is too much. I like reading action packed books, but I don't like spending 30 pages talking about 1 small battle. I also like the dialogue of this book, the author makes every one of his characters funny and sarcastic and I like it. I gave this book a 4/5 stars just because of the tons of action.

No comments:

Post a Comment