Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Lightning Thief Book Review


Hi Guys,
This week's review is going to be on the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. Rick Riordan has written several other books, but this is the most successful. I read this book series in middle school. I recommended this book to several of my friends, and now I'm recommending it to you guys. Here is the summary from the back of the book:

After getting expelled from yet another school for yet another clash with mythological monsters only he can see, twelve-year-old Percy Jackson is taken to Camp Half-Blood, where he finally learns the truth about his unique abilities: He is a demigod, half human, half immortal. Even more stunning: His father is the Greek god Poseidon, ruler of the sea, making Percy one of the most powerful demigods alive. There's little time to process this news. All too soon, a cryptic prophecy from the Oracle sends Percy on his first quest, a mission to the Underworld to prevent a war among the gods of Olympus.

My first impression of this book was good, I picked it up because I liked the mysterious look of the cover. After picking it up and reading the summary, I saw it was about Greek gods/goddess'. I love Greek Mythology and bought this book immediately. This book is very original, bringing old Greek Myths and putting them in a modern time. It's great, and the idea was brilliant. This book became a movie in 2010 starring Logan Lerman as the lead role of Percy Jackson. It was a good movie, and an even better book series. I give this book a 4/5 stars, just because it was a little childish, there were a couple scenes in which I thought I was reading a 3rd grade book. Other than that it was a good book, next week I will do a book review on The Sea of Monsters, the second book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, by Rick Riordan.

Here is the Book Trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment