Monday, February 7, 2011

Lies Book Review


Hi Guys,
This is the second book review this week, since i'm making up for last week. This will be the conclusion to the Gone series book reviews (for now) and the name of this book is Lies. It's the third book in the Gone series by Michael Grant. It continues the story from Gone and Hunger (which I also did book reviews on)Like I said before this is my favorite book series. Here is the summary from the front flap of the book.

It's been seven months since all the adults disappeared. Gone.

It happens in one night. A girl who died now walks among the living; Zil and the Human Crew set fire to Perdido Beach; and amid the flames and smoke, Sam sees the figure of the boy he fears the most: Drake. But Drake is dead. Sam and Caine defeated him along with the Darkness—or so they thought.

As Perdido Beach burns, battles rage: Astrid against the Town Council; the Human Crew versus the mutants; and Sam against Drake, who is back from the dead and ready to finish where he and Sam left off. And all the while deadly rumors are raging like the fire itself, spread by the prophetess Orsay and her companion, Nerezza. They say that death is a way to escape the FAYZ. Conditions are worse than ever and kids are desperate to get out. But are they desperate enough to believe that death will set them free?

My first impression of this book was good. I liked this cover better than Gone and Hunger. I thought this was going to be better than the other two... that was until I opened the box from amazon (where I pre-ordered it) the reason why is because the book was over 100 pages shorter than the other two books. I like when the sequals to the books get longer than the previous, and when I saw this, I was dissapointed from the start. I still read it as soon as I got it though. The first chapter started off good, and a couple chapters in, we get a new mutant. I liked the book, but it was too short for me, I like how we had more mutants, more drama, and more fights (which is always a plus) But it wasn't as good because I felt it was rushed, and too short. I really can't say anything more without spoiling since it is a sequel. I give it a 5/5 because I loved it even if it was too short for my taste, the plot was good, I just wished Michael Grant would have elaborated a little more. I hated that it was short, but the overall book made up for everything. Check this book out along with the first two books in this series. The fourth installment Plague will be released April 5th 2011, followed by the fifth book Fear, and the sixth and last book Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment