Monday, January 17, 2011

Crave Book Review


Hi Guys,
I'm going to be more frequent on the blog. I'm going to do a book review every week, which should be rather easy for me (I hope). This week I'm doing a book review on Crave by Laura J. Burns and Melinda Metz. This is a great book, but not fully wonderful. Here is the summary from the back of the book:

Born with a rare untreatable blood disorder, 16-year-old Shay knows she will never lead a normal life. She has accepted her fate but longs for the day when people can look beyond her illness and see her for herself. That day comes when her stepfather, Martin, an expert in the field of leukemia research, begins giving her a new type of transfusion. The treatments give her energy, strength, and awesome visions, which stir Shay's desire to live and cause her to want more. She breaks into Martin's office and finds Gabriel, the guy from her visions, chained to a table and sets him free. Kidnapped by him and on the run from Martin, Shay finds her world turned upside down. Crave is a fast-paced, action-packed vampire thriller with an original and refreshing story line. Gabriel's life is beautifully revealed through Shay's visions, and the well-written plot conveys depth and feeling while exploring important issues like friendship, loyalty, trust, love, and betrayal.

My first impression of this book was good. Like the other books on my bookshelf, I judged this one by it's cover. I though it was really cool in how the main male character was on the cover, and how he has purple eyes and a cool phoenix tattoo on his neck. I liked how the heroine of the story is sick and is powerless but at the same time powerful. Read the book and you will understand why I said this. One reason I didn't like this book is that it kind of seemed that Shay was always throwing a pity party for herself. She uses this saying a lot. "Oh, you mean the sick girl" or "The sick girl can't do this" etc. I liked this book and wish I could tell you more without spoiling, but I can't... sorry. I give this book 4/5 stars. Like I said before It was great but not wonderful. It might have been wonderful without the pity party every chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment