Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tag Tuesday (2)

Hi Guys,
This is going to be my 2nd Tag Tuesday Post, and I hope you guys enjoy it. I'm sorry I haven't really been doing much on the blog, my semester, is CRAZY. I'm taking Honors Latin 3, AP Chemistry, Honors US History, and Marching Band. They're each stressful in their own way, and each one of them has an hour to two hours of homework for me every night. Well, anyway, back to Tag Tuesday.

"Tag Tuesday" is a weekly event, hosted here, that no longer confines book tags to the booktubing community. Every Tuesday (Hopefully), I will post my response to a tag that I've seen in the booktubing community.


The second "Tag Tuesday" tag will be the Inside and Out tag, which was created by MathomBooks on YouTube. This is another acronym tag, meaning that each letter of "Inside/Out" stand for a question I will answer. Let's get started!

                                                                                                                              
 Inside flap/Back of the book summaries: Too much info? Or not enough?
 Hmm... I think it's just the right amount of information. I only ever have trouble with too much information when I pick up the second book of a series, thinking it was the first, and read the synopsis, and get a little peek into some things I didn't want to know.

New book: What form do you want it in? Be honest: Audiobook, E-Book, Paperback, or Hardcover?
 Hardcover, I think Hardcovers are more durable, and in addition to that, they look really nice on my shelf.

Scribble while you read? Do you like to write in your books, taking notes, making comments, or do you keep your books clean clean clean?
 Definitely Clean, Clean, Clean. I don't like to right in my books, but if I need to annotate for a class, I'll keep a sheet of paper, and a pencil present, to write the page number down, and what I thought of a certain part.

 In your best voice, read for us your favorite 1st sentence from a book.
 This one is a little impossible to do through a blog, but instead of "reading" it to you, I'll, uh... write it for you. I can't really think of a specific line, and I'm not really close to my books right now, so I'll do mine on one that I've read recently. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater.

"Blue Sargent had forgotten how many times she'd been told that she would kill her true love."

I think this line just opens up a world of doors, and I'm happy to see that this first line was a main part of the plot for the novel.

Does it matter to you whether the author is male of female when you're deciding on a book? What if you're unsure of the author's gender?
 It doesn't really make a difference to me, but I like to know what the author's gender is anyway, because... for some reason, it helps me connect to the story a little better, I think. Although, sometimes I've thought an author was a boy/girl, and I've been shocked to find out it was the other way around.

Ever read ahead? or have you ever read the last page way before you got there? (Do confess thy sins, foul demon!)
 I've definitely thought about it, but I don't really think I've gotten past the idea of it. I'll flip ahead to see how many pages I  have until the next chapter, but that's about it.
                                                                                                     
Organized bookshelves, or Outrageous bookshelves? 
 ORGANIZED!

Under oath: have you ever bought a book based on the cover alone? 
 Yes... unfortunately I have, and every time I do it, I never end up liking the book, so I make sure to read the synopsis now.

Take it outside to read, or stay in? 
 Stay in, I like the air conditioning/warmth of the fireplace, while I'm reading, and I also like being comfortable while reading. Although, sometimes I do read outside, when it is a comfortable day outside, but it gets kind of uncomfortable on my porch swing after reading for a while.

                                                                                                                              

Well, that is all for my first "Tag Tuesday", and if you have your own blog, and would like to take part in this, please just leave a comment on this post, letting me know you will be doing so, and also, please post that "Tag Tuesday" was originally created by moi. Thanks again for reading this, and I hope to get to doing another "Tag Tuesday" soon.

By the way, I tag everyone who views this post, so get started on your Inside and Out tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment