Monday, June 13, 2011

The Titan's Curse Book Review


Hi guys,
This week has been great, I went to Carowinds Saturday, and haven't really done anything the rest of the week. I read some in The Secret Circle (Love It!) and Darkly Dreaming Dexter (REALLY REALLY LOVE IT!) which I can't wait to review for you guys soon. The book review for this week though, is the third book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, The Titan's Curse (*which is my personal favorite of the series) Here is the summary from the front flap:

When the goddess Artemis goes missing, she is believed to have been kidnapped.And now it's up to Percy and his friends to find out what happened. Who is powerful enough to kidnap a goddess? They must find Artemis before the winter solstice, when her influence on the Olympian Council could swing an important vote on the war with the titans. Not only that, but first Percy will have to solve the mystery of a rare monster that Artemis was hunting when she disappeared -- a monster rumored to be so powerful it could destroy Olympus forever.

My first impression of this book was great, I loved how it had a Pegasus on the front, which just so happened to be Black Jack, which is Percy's black Pegasus. I loved this book, it was full of action, adventure, romance, mystery, and basically anything else that makes a great Young Adult books. I give it 4/5 stars, just because it was a little too childish for me. This was the first book in the series that had someone important die in it. I loved that first death, it showed Riordan wasn't afraid to kill a character anymore. I loved being in that suspense of not-knowing who would die next. Next week is the book review of the fourth book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, the Battle of the Labyrinth. Check this series out at your local bookstore/library/etc. Also don't forget to look up the books I mentioned earlier in this post as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment